For now our GC settings are :
As mentioned by Allan BURDAJEWICZ it can be an issue with the support-core plugin because we are indefinitively storing new GC logs files under the JENKINS_HOME
At CloudBees we also don't recommend anymore to use a timestamped log (ref: https://support.cloudbees.com/hc/en-us/articles/222446987)
Because of that we are storing several GB of GC logs on the file system and in our support bundles...
I would propose to use these settings instead:
- GC logs are stored under the subfolder gc
- no more timestamp in the log filename (only the rotation done by the JVM based on the file size)
- Increase the file size to 40Mb instead of 20Mb to get more history
- I already created the GC folder in production. (Olivier Vernin I am not sure if it must be done in staging and where this environment is)
- I am proposing a PR for this change. It will require to restart again the master. It seems that
INFRA-2311is already applied ?
- After applying the new settings we should manually delete all gc files from JENKINS_HOME