We have a plugin has been suspended via this PR - Remove azure-iot-edge plugin from distribution by formulahendry · Pull Request #479 · jenkins-infra/update-center2 (github.com) in Jan but the reference page Azure IoT Edge Plugin (jenkins.io) was not taken down. People can still reach to that page via google search, which is quite confusing. And it has been two months.
I raised this question in the email group, and Mark Waite replied me with detailed info below.
I believe the pipeline steps reference pages (like the Azure IoT pipeline step reference page) are updated by the pipeline steps doc generator. However, it will need more investigation to understand why it has not been removed from the Pipeline steps reference.
Could you create an INFRA ticket at https://issues.jenkins.io to describe the problem?
As far as I can tell, the azure-iot-edge plugin has been correctly removed from:
- Navigation to plugins.jenkins.io/azure-iot-edge - HTTP 403 for https://plugins.jenkins.io/azure-iot-edge
- Search for "azure" on plugins.jenkins.io (does not list it among the Azure plugins)
- Download from list of latest plugins on updates.jenkins.io (not listed at https://updates.jenkins.io/latest/)
- Download from list of all plugins on updates.jenkins.io (not listed at https://updates.jenkins.io/download/plugins/)
- Extension points documentation at https://www.jenkins.io/doc/developer/extensions/azure-iot-edge/
It has not been removed from:
- Pipeline steps reference at https://www.jenkins.io/doc/pipeline/steps/azure-iot-edge/ as generated by pipeline steps doc generator
I suspect the problem lies in the pipeline steps doc generator. I see that the console output of the job mentions the azure-iot-edge plugin, but don't have a ready explanation how that job is finding the plugin, since it is not available from updates.jenkins.io (though old versions are still available from get.jenkins.io https://get.jenkins.io/plugins/azure-iot-edge/ )
Could you help investigate and take the reference page down? Let me know if any other info needed from my end. Thanks in advance!!