Not a Timestamper bug. Removed "timestamper" from the Components field.
This bug appears to be caused by the way the Build Failure Analyzer plugin handles console notes. The Timestamper plugin (prior to version 1.4 only) inserted console notes, but so do other plugins and Jenkins itself.
I was able to reproduce this with Jenkins 1.495 and only the Build Failure Analyzer plugin installed:
- Install Build Failure Analyzer 1.3.0 and dependencies.
- Create a new free-style build.
- Add an Execute Script build step (I was running Linux):
There are 42 checkstyle errors.
- Add the Checkstyle Error cause as described on the Build Failure Analyser wiki page.
- Run the build and inspect the console log.