A git job configured to use the command line implementation with Git plugin 2.0 and git client plugin 1.4.6 fails to clone on Windows, but successfully clones on Linux.
The problem seems to be that it is trying to configure an environment (setting SSH_PASS=echo) for the launched command, even though Windows does not use the same technique to pass environment variables to a process.
I think there was a different behavior in prior versions of git-client.
I created the job by:
- Configure a global ssh credential
- Create a new job, restrict it to only run on Windows
- Use a git ssh protocol URL (like ssh://wheezy64b/var/cache/git/mwaite/bin.git)
- Select the correct ssh credential from the dropdown list
- Add a build step (I used XShell "echo hello world")
- Save the job
- Run the job
Stack trace on Windows: