We use matrix jobs for deployments and have noticed matrix jobs always fail when we disable Run each configuration sequentially. The failure appears on random hosts.
- Our jobs assemble a zip file which is SCP'd to a target host and inflated.
- The wagon-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-4:upload step runs and appears to SCP the zip file to the target host.
- We can see the zip file in the Jenkins workspace directory for the axis.
- The zip file is not found on the target host and the deploy fails.
- The same matrix job succeeds when run sequentially.
- We see the same behavior with all matrix jobs.
- This problem does not appear resource-related because we can run non-matrix jobs concurrently and they succeed.
- The same bad behavior for matrix jobs occurs on single and multi-node Jenkins servers. Thus it isn't a slave problem.