Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-32021

URLs in changes list contain a superfluous "tree" on the end

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      Changes page shows changes formatted like:

      3.51.0-develop-115 6e9834e8 (Dec 8, 2015 10:16:19 AM)   
      (commit: 62369686076f3b2edc69c1497f31312dd173df5dtree) — unknown / githubweb
      

      (screenshot attached)

      Note the "tree" on the end of the commit sha1 above.

      The commit URL is:
      https://github.com/Company/app/commit/62369686076f3b2edc69c1497f31312dd173df5dtree

      (private repo, sorry, using "Company" and "app" in place of actual names)

      Removing the "tree" at the end goes to the correct page.

      Jenkins job "github project is of the format:
      https://github.com/Company/app
      as is the repository URL

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          bedge Bruce Edge added a comment -

          Contamination from multi-scm

          Show
          bedge Bruce Edge added a comment - Contamination from multi-scm
          Hide
          bedge Bruce Edge added a comment -

          I suppose if a project has been "polluted" by multi-scm, then all bets are off.

          closing.

          thanks.

          Show
          bedge Bruce Edge added a comment - I suppose if a project has been "polluted" by multi-scm, then all bets are off. closing. thanks.
          Hide
          integer Kanstantsin Shautsou added a comment - - edited

          Sorry, multi-scm is not supported and will always have bugs.

          For NPE on single git project fill separate issue

          Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
          	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.parse(SimpleDateFormat.java:1380)
          	at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:355)
          	at hudson.plugins.git.GitChangeSet.getTimestamp(GitChangeSet.java:214)
          
          Show
          integer Kanstantsin Shautsou added a comment - - edited Sorry, multi-scm is not supported and will always have bugs. For NPE on single git project fill separate issue Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.parse(SimpleDateFormat.java:1380) at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:355) at hudson.plugins.git.GitChangeSet.getTimestamp(GitChangeSet.java:214)
          Hide
          bedge Bruce Edge added a comment -

          Confirmed that this is repeatable by changing a multi-scm job to a git only job.
          Copying the original job to a new one, and then replacing the multi-scm to a songle scm is OK.
          Not a great option as it loses all the builds form the old tree, however it unblocks me.
          I still think there's a bug floating around in the depths of the multi-scm -> git only change due to the problems with the change list as well as the stack exceptions I was able to generate looking at api/ data.

          Show
          bedge Bruce Edge added a comment - Confirmed that this is repeatable by changing a multi-scm job to a git only job. Copying the original job to a new one, and then replacing the multi-scm to a songle scm is OK. Not a great option as it loses all the builds form the old tree, however it unblocks me. I still think there's a bug floating around in the depths of the multi-scm -> git only change due to the problems with the change list as well as the stack exceptions I was able to generate looking at api/ data.
          Hide
          bedge Bruce Edge added a comment -

          The change-detail.png shows the same "tree" appended to the end of the github sha1.

          One possible bit of relative info - This was not happening when the project was configured with "multiple repos", where github was then added a one of the repos.
          I got rid of the other repos, so I went back to a plain "git" repo rather than "multiple SCMs", and that's when this started showing up.

          Show
          bedge Bruce Edge added a comment - The change-detail.png shows the same "tree" appended to the end of the github sha1. One possible bit of relative info - This was not happening when the project was configured with "multiple repos", where github was then added a one of the repos. I got rid of the other repos, so I went back to a plain "git" repo rather than "multiple SCMs", and that's when this started showing up.

            People

            Assignee:
            Unassigned Unassigned
            Reporter:
            bedge Bruce Edge
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            3 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: