A multibranch job that pulls from mercurial deletes all branches when that repository goes down. This was discovered during Bitbucket's outage going on today, and I lost all the branch build history.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a local mercurial repo with below basic Jenkinsfile and publish using hg serve
- Start vanilla weekly docker image
- Install multibranch, mercurial
- Create multibranch job pointing at that repo, let it scan and build default branch
- Kill hg serve
- Run "Scan Multibranch Pipeline Now", all branches get deleted