- using a milestone before an input,
- and one (or more) of the build is waiting for user input,
- and a failure in another build happens,
- the builds waiting for input will abort older jobs.
- Create a job with the following code:
- Trigger two builds.
- Approve the newest job (#2) to continue.
The newer job (#2) will fail, the older job (#1) will be aborted and display Superseded by <jobname>#<build_num> which is pretty confusing.
The newer job (#2) will fail, while the older job (#1) will wait for confirmation.
Removing all milestone before the input seems to solve the issue.
Might be tangeantially related to JENKINS-41604