Folders plugin blocks job creation
User is unable to create a simple job while using a docker image or the war file (and possibly also a standard installation, I did not check that)
This prevents following https://jenkins.io/doc/pipeline/tour/getting-started/ which makes it a higher priority bug since it prevents adoption of Jenkins by new users.
How to simulate:
- execute java -jar jenkins.war --httpPort=8080
- enter the temporary password on the Jenkins page
- use 'Install suggested plugins' option during setup
- setup new user
- click on 'New item'
- Enter name and choose for example 'Multibranch pipeline', click [OK]
- The configuration page never loads completely, the 'LOADING' stays displayed
Last 2 lines of the output:
Request that fails with 500:
Use the 'Select plugins to install' during the setup and uncheck Folders plugin.