[The changes||https://github.com/jenkinsci/ec2-plugin/pull/329] https://github.com/jenkinsci/ec2-plugin/pull/329 |https://github.com/jenkinsci/ec2-plugin/pull/329] to deliver
JENKINS-54329 declared the fields "usePrivateDnsName" and "connectUsingPublicIp" as deprecated but at the same time they were made transient, which changes the way they are exported (to the config.xml file for example) and make the template not to be backward compatible.
- Setup a Jenkins instance with ec2 1.42.1 and configure a ec2 cloud where the two mentioned parameters are set to true (or one of them, the thing is there is a non default value for a boolean field, which would be true).
- Verify they are exported into the config.xml file.
- Update ec2 plugin to >1.43 version.
- I open the cloud configuration, verify the connection strategy has been set accordingly to the previous boolean values, and re-save the configuration.
- In the config.xml file, the two mentioned fields are now gone.
- Revert ec2 plugin to 1.42.1
- If I open the cloud configuration, both values are set to false (default value for a boolean field) given they were not present in the config.xml file.