We would like to migrate the official Jenkins images from the OpenJDK bundles supported by Docker to AdoptOpenJDK images supported by a wider community. It would improve stability and unlock access to configurations and platforms not yet supported by the OpenJDK images
- All Official Jenkins server and agent images
- Hotspot and OpenJ9 engines are within the scope of interest for this EPIC
How to contribute?
- Join the Platform SOG channels which coordinates the effort: https://www.jenkins.io/sigs/platform/
- Take a look at the linked repositories. Many of them include preview for AdoptOpenJDK support or have pull requests for adding such support
- Participate in testing, share your feedback (especially focusing on package differences)
- Submit pull requests to repositories which do not have a patch yet