Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins Website'
  1. Jenkins Website
  2. WEBSITE-791

redhat-stable page does not seem working anymore (+workaround)

    XMLWordPrintable

Details

    • Bug
    • Status: Done (View Workflow)
    • Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • content
    • None

    Description

      Concerns: https://pkg.jenkins.io/redhat-stable/

      I tried to follow the instruction on a RHEL 8.5 system. The two sudos went well, but then the yum install epel-release failed with

      [root@9850ba239af1 /]# yum install epel-release
      Updating Subscription Management repositories.
      Unable to read consumer identity
      This system is not registered with an entitlement server. You can use subscription-manager to register.
      Red Hat Universal Base Image 8 (RPMs) - BaseOS 3.4 MB/s | 796 kB 00:00
      Red Hat Universal Base Image 8 (RPMs) - AppStream 10 MB/s | 2.6 MB 00:00
      Red Hat Universal Base Image 8 (RPMs) - CodeReady Builder 121 kB/s | 16 kB 00:00
      No match for argument: epel-release
      Error: Unable to find a match: epel-release

      After some random research I found https://linuxconfig.org/redhat-8-epel-install-guide with the workaround: dnf install https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-8.noarch.rpm.
      After this, the rest of the install went well.

      Not sure if it's a local problem or something with additional impact / cause.

      (Disclaimer: I am not an expert at all with RHEL)

      Attachments

        Activity

          markewaite Mark Waite added a comment -

          Page is current and works as expected since the update from init to systemd.

          markewaite Mark Waite added a comment - Page is current and works as expected since the update from init to systemd.

          People

            Unassigned Unassigned
            wfollonier Wadeck Follonier
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: