Suresh Kumar, are you actively working on this? Alex Johnson has a WIP PR at deploy-plugin#25. Do you mind if we repurpose this issue to pull in the acceptance criteria, which we see as the following:
As a pipeline author, I would like to use the Jenkins Deployer plugin from within my pipeline scripts and declarative pipelines so that I can easily deploy my apps from my Jenkins pipeline and migrate my freestyle usage of this plugin to pipeline.
- Each of the supported container adapters will have a symbol that allows creation of references which includes the deployment details required by each deployment target
- There will be a pipeline step called deploy that is configurable from within the pipeline script
- There will be unit tests that confirm new functionality
- There will be manual testing that deploys wars from the pipeline (preferably both Tomcat and Glassfish)
- The plugin will be upgraded to a recent plugin pom so that the testing is performed against somewhat recent versions
I'm proposing the following syntax, I think this provides a reasonably straightforward use and config.
def tc8 = tomcat8(
deploy(container: tc8, war: '/target/app.war', contextPath: '/app')
deploy(containers: [tc8, gf3], war: '/target/app.war', contextPath: '/app')
- Refactor to work with pipeline APIs