As part of the GSoC code cleanup, we determined that it would be really useful for other projects to potentially use the power of the plugin manager without starting a whole Jenkins in other infra projects. There was an effort to pull out the code a few years ago, and this would be a great time to update and release an initial version. Then after this is updated, we can use it from the pipeline-steps-doc-generator.
The existing repo: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/pipeline-metadata-utils
At this time, it might be useful to make sure there's good documentation around the different classes for people who would be interested in this later.
Definition of Done:
- the repo updated with the most recent pluginmanager stuff
- comments updated in the repo
- release of the pipeline-metadata-utils package
- update the pipeline-steps-doc-generator to use the new pipeline-metadata-utils
Edit (7th July 2022):
The first release was done successfully, and the artifact can be found on the .
- Enabling CD
- Adding tests
- Clean build command in Jenkinsfile