Status: Open (View Workflow)
Jenkins GIT Plugin 2.0
Jenkins Multiple SCM Plugin 0.2
Create a Job with a parameter:
In GIT configuration set branch to:
This causes polling to keep detecting changes, even when there are none.
Everything is fine when I hardcode branch name like so:
markewaite- I was finally able to reproduce this issue 100% if you have access to bitbucket.
1. Have Bitbucket repository with at least 10 branches
2. Create a freestyle job and configure it to use the git plugin but connect to a Bitbucket repository at `$BITBUCKET_URL/git/$PROJECT/$REPO.git`
3. Add a parameter called BRANCH and has the default value of **
4. Use that parameter in the `Branches to build` section
5. Add a poll for changes of `* * * * *` so that it will build every minute
6. Add a shell step of something like "echo hello"
7. Run one build
This will then launch a new build for every branch and then once that is done you will see it build every minute seeing changes.
Let me know if that does not work for you because it has worked 2x for me so far.
This is a major issue for people using a cloud build and has been open since 2013.
Is it not possible to use the same solution for polling without wild cards as it is with wild cards?
mkrussel it is not possible to use the same solution without wild cards as with wild cards as far as I know. Pull requests with automated tests that show the problem and include a fix are certainly welcomed.
I have seen this same issue with the TFS plugin used in Jenkins Multiple SCM plugin 0.5