Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-24250

TAP plugin truncates testresult.tap file

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Open (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Component/s: tap-plugin
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Jenkins 1.575 on Windows 7 32-bit; tap-plugin 1.8-1.20
    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      I have some long existing Jenkins jobs with TAP tests configured. However at some update of either Jenkins or the tap-plugin the tap plugin stopped functioning correctly. This wasn't noticed earlier because the build jobs did not fail.

      The plugin run ends with a message "Found matching files but did not find any TAP results"; in the workspace the testresult file is indeed empty. Analyzing this further it turns out that tap-plugin 1.7 works correctly, but any higher version seems to truncate the testresult file to 0 bytes before processing it.

      Any ideas?

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            anjohnson Andrew Johnson added a comment -

            I have discovered something similar from my Windows build slaves; some of the generated .tap files get truncated somewhere between the build slave's workspace and the Jenkins master, although in my case the truncation happens part-way through the file, cutting off the last few test results. I'm currently running tap-plugin 1.18 on Jenkins 1.552, and this only seems to happen on build slaves running on Windows 7 with Oracle Java 1.7.0.

            Show
            anjohnson Andrew Johnson added a comment - I have discovered something similar from my Windows build slaves; some of the generated .tap files get truncated somewhere between the build slave's workspace and the Jenkins master, although in my case the truncation happens part-way through the file, cutting off the last few test results. I'm currently running tap-plugin 1.18 on Jenkins 1.552, and this only seems to happen on build slaves running on Windows 7 with Oracle Java 1.7.0.
            Hide
            amaury10 Amaury LAURENT added a comment - - edited

            Hi,

            I also have the same behavior on Windows Slave node (Win7 64bits / Java 1.8.0_101-b13):
            I have a pretty long TAP result file (around 1800 tests representing 294887 characters/7290 lines in the file) and Only the 32 firsts are parsed, and the last one is truncated. After multiple tests, it seems that the file is always truncated at the same position: only the first 4812 characters are read.
            But I see the whole file in Console Output.

            Maybe the file is read before it has been completely written ?

            Here is my result file: Result.tap

            EDIT: I'm running Jenkins 2.7.2

            Regards, Amaury LAURENT.

            Show
            amaury10 Amaury LAURENT added a comment - - edited Hi, I also have the same behavior on Windows Slave node (Win7 64bits / Java 1.8.0_101-b13): I have a pretty long TAP result file (around 1800 tests representing 294887 characters/7290 lines in the file) and Only the 32 firsts are parsed, and the last one is truncated. After multiple tests, it seems that the file is always truncated at the same position: only the first 4812 characters are read. But I see the whole file in Console Output. Maybe the file is read before it has been completely written ? Here is my result file: Result.tap EDIT: I'm running Jenkins 2.7.2 Regards, Amaury LAURENT.
            Hide
            kinow Bruno P. Kinoshita added a comment -

            Hi, I believe that once https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-19647 has been fixed, this issue will disappear.

            IIRC, one of the performance problems is caused by the plug-in copying loads of files from the slave to the master.

            That's very likely to be what's causing this issue. Will link both issues here in JIRA.

            Show
            kinow Bruno P. Kinoshita added a comment - Hi, I believe that once https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-19647 has been fixed, this issue will disappear. IIRC, one of the performance problems is caused by the plug-in copying loads of files from the slave to the master. That's very likely to be what's causing this issue. Will link both issues here in JIRA.

              People

              Assignee:
              kinow Bruno P. Kinoshita
              Reporter:
              wolfwolfswinkel Wolf Wolfswinkel
              Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              4 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                Created:
                Updated: