Parameters passed to a multi-configuration job are, apparently, filtered out before being passed through to child builds. This problem does not exhibit on freestyle jobs.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a multi-configuration job
- Add a single parameter named SERIAL
- Add a single axis (of any name)
- Add an "Execute shell" task with "set -eux; echo $SERIAL"
- Run the job, setting a SERIAL
- Observe failure
This appears to have been introduced in 1.651.2 (presumably as part of the parameter filtering changes).