Status: Closed (View Workflow)
4.3.0 git plugin
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new freestyle project
2. You should see an add branch and add repository button floating like in the screenshot
If you scroll past them they will disappear, refresh the page to make them re-appear
If you click them they will create more floating buttons.
note: the behaviour is different on 2.264 (includes tables to divs), the buttons don't disappear and they create a new element with a close button
- is caused by
JENKINS-64040 Radio block content not hidden due to JENKINS-63332
- links to
I can't duplicate the problem you're describing with Jenkins 2.264 and a development build of the git plugin. I have no issue with the https://github.com/jenkinsci/git-plugin/pull/997 changes but am not seeing the problem that you're seeing when I use mvn hpi:run with the code from the master branch.
Is this specific to git plugin 4.3.0 as described in the heading? Git plugin 4.3.0 includes your changes for tables to divs in the main editing but does not include the tables to divs fixes in the git publisher. That needs git plugin 4.4.5.
On the master branch with a fresh work directory:
1. start with hpi:run and 2.265
2. create a free style job
3. try save
it won't work because the page is broken
promoted builds and multiple-scms changes in the PR I opened earlier will at least make the page work
Screenshot on 2.265 after applying https://github.com/jenkinsci/git-plugin/pull/997 and clicking the add repository button:
My attempt to duplicate it was done by building from source as well.
Command I used:
$ git log -n 3 --graph --pretty=oneline --abbrev-commit * 088b4f69 (HEAD -> master, upstream/master, origin/master, origin/HEAD, cache/master, bare/master) Merge pull request #997 from timja/make-plugin-testable-hpi-run |\ | * f4ab92a3 Make plugin testable with tables to divs |/ * 5399d0f5 Merge pull request #994 from MarkEWaite/improve-README $ mvn -Djenkins.version=2.265 -DskipTests compile hpi:run
Happy to merge the proposed change since I wanted to eventually remove multiple-scms anyway, but still perplexed that I don't see the failures that you're seeing
Now with further attempts and more scrolling I'm able to see the issue that you're seeing. Sorry it took me so long to find it on the page.
Bisected it to
JENKINS-64040, I reverted the respective commit in core and the issue is solved.
git revert bbc3580d4c5fe3766dc4a530902f8ea4e20c87a3
marked as major as the 2.264 behaviour looks really bad