I asked on jenkins-dev for an admin that can remove a duplicate jenkins component (libvirtslave and libvirt-slave). He suggested to implement this functionality in the irc_bot.
I'll happily provide the necessary code, but first I'd like to hear your opinion whether such a functionality would welcomed as it's
1. a "destructive" functionality (everyone with voice could delete jira components)
2. hardly ever going to get used
1. An irc command like "delete SUBCOMPONENT1 from issue tracker replace by SUBCOMPONENT2".
2. SUBCOMPONENT1 and SUBCOMPONENT2 both have to exist.
3. SUBCOMPONENT1 would get removed from jira.
4. All tickets that point to SUBCOMPONENT1 would be pointed to SUBCOMPONENT2 instead. So another use case of this command could a merge between 2 components (e.g. plugins) where all tickets find a new home under a unified component.