Our build process produces multiple directories of JUnit result XML files. The workspace structure looks like this:
The project is configured to collect the test results using the following file path:
I have verified looking in the workspace after the build that all the XMl files are there and that all the tests have run.
The problem is that Jenkins is reporting slightly different counts of unit tests every build. I've looked back over older builds and this has been happening for months (could be even longer, but I just switched servers and lost my older history). For example, the last few build test counts have looked like this (the number of tests should not have changed at all):
When I review the test results in Jenkins, I find every test that it doesn't list. When I look at the workspace, I can find the XML file and there are also HTML files (in build/integration-*/reports/tests/) that are produced and all the tests are there as well. It just seems Jenkins is dropping various test XML files on each build. I just can't see a pattern. The count seems different every time.