Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-20663

file name encoding broken in zip archives

    XMLWordPrintable

Details

    Description

      The encoding of file names in zip archive seems to be broken

      Steps to reproduce:
      1. create a custom job
      1.1. add a script job to create some file name with an accent in it (eacute), e.g. echo "foobar" > accentué.txt
      1.2. add post-build step to archive all **/*
      2. build
      3. go in build details, last success artifacts, the file name is listed correctly.
      4. click the (all files in zip) link. the file listing of the archive has wrong encoding.

      I tried extracting on win7 with explorer, 7zip, on linux with file-roller or unzip. In all cases the problem seems to rely in the encoding used for the zip file names

      Attachments

        Issue Links

          Activity

            danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment -

            Jesse's fix was released today in 1.574. Feedback would be great.

            danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment - Jesse's fix was released today in 1.574. Feedback would be great.

            Code changed in jenkins
            User: Jesse Glick
            Path:
            core/src/main/java/hudson/model/DirectoryBrowserSupport.java
            http://jenkins-ci.org/commit/jenkins/e6a46d880dc7eaf06a6df368b0a42156447c0a6d
            Log:
            [FIXED JENKINS-20663] For now, go back to using ZipOutputStream from Ant that supports setting the filename encoding (present in java.util.zip only in Java 7+).
            (cherry picked from commit 84c76253862a2f36f813a7aa45b77d99c1616be4)

            Conflicts:
            changelog.html

            scm_issue_link SCM/JIRA link daemon added a comment - Code changed in jenkins User: Jesse Glick Path: core/src/main/java/hudson/model/DirectoryBrowserSupport.java http://jenkins-ci.org/commit/jenkins/e6a46d880dc7eaf06a6df368b0a42156447c0a6d Log: [FIXED JENKINS-20663] For now, go back to using ZipOutputStream from Ant that supports setting the filename encoding (present in java.util.zip only in Java 7+). (cherry picked from commit 84c76253862a2f36f813a7aa45b77d99c1616be4) Conflicts: changelog.html
            lauri_taalesh Lauri Taaleš added a comment -

            This patch has fixed the problem I described in my original comment. Since the original reporter has not responded, I think this issue can be closed.

            lauri_taalesh Lauri Taaleš added a comment - This patch has fixed the problem I described in my original comment. Since the original reporter has not responded, I think this issue can be closed.
            jglick Jesse Glick added a comment -

            This is already closed.

            jglick Jesse Glick added a comment - This is already closed.
            danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment -

            lauri_taalesh: We're not consistently using the Closed issue status; most issues are done when Resolved. I tried to document this here: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Issue+Tracking

            danielbeck Daniel Beck added a comment - lauri_taalesh : We're not consistently using the Closed issue status; most issues are done when Resolved. I tried to document this here: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Issue+Tracking

            People

              jglick Jesse Glick
              simpoir Simon Poirier
              Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              5 Start watching this issue

              Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: