Here's what I propose for this new page.
New link in the main left-hand menu, Labels Dashboard.
New page with three sections:
- listing all labels found in all jobs and all nodes, that are not nodes self labels (see next section)
- can be used to find labels that are defined on no nodes
- each sub-section is a link to the label page
- in each sub-section, the number of job is a link to the linkedjobs page for that label. Will fail if this plugin page is not activated for that label. I have to think about it
- listing all nodes self labels
- two links in each sub-section, one to the node itself, one to the page its self label
- Orphaned Jobs, showing all jobs that can't run because of labels configuration (for instance, using label defined on no nodes, or using a combination of labels available on no nodes, etc)
All sections nicely sorted alphabetically
For the Orphaned Jobs section, an option in Configure Jenkins to display a "condensed" view, exactly like on the Linked Jobs label page of the plugin.
If anyone is interested in testing it, a SNAPSHOT version is available there.