Subversion URLs can be parameterized. The plugin should substitute the URL parameters by their default values. Furthermore, the plugin should support URLs ending with @HEAD.
This enhancement request comes from the following comment by Damon Overboe.
The scenario is I wanted to be able to trigger older builds by passing the specific revision, so I added SVN_REVISION as a parameter, defaulting to HEAD.
- Set up a job
- Feature branch it
- Modify the main job to allow SVN_REVISION to be passed in as a parameter,
- and default it to HEAD (may not matter)
- and change your svn url to http://path/to/project/trunk@$SVN_REVISION
- then rebasing a feature will fail, complaining about the path.
Also, if you set up the job initially with the @SVN_REVISION, the plug-in won't be able to find the repo when you go to feature branch it.
The work-around for me is easy enough; rather than specifying the @SVN_REVISION in the URL, I just:
- manually cut a branch from the specific revision I want,
- tell the plug-in to add the feature branch (with the same name)
- Click OK to add the project when it warns me the branch already exists.