Status: Resolved (View Workflow)
- Clean Jenkins 1.625.2 install running as a service on localhost:8080
- Windows 7 and 10 x64 (using Windows installer)
- Delivery Pipeline 0.9.7
- Maven Integration Plugin 2.7.1 and 2.12.1
- Static Analysis Utilities 1.74
I have a very strange bug to report.
The message "Error communicating to server! Server Error" will appear in the Delivery Pipeline view if:
- the Maven Integration plugin is disabled and
- the Static Analysis Utilities plugin is enabled and
- the job displayed in the Delivery Pipeline has at least one build.
Reproduction steps :
- Start from clean install
- Install Static Analysis Utilities plugin
- Install Delivery Pipeline plugin
- Create a new Freestyle job
- Add a Delivery Pipeline view and assign it to the job
- Right now, the pipeline works perfectly well, you can build the job as many times as you want and it will display properly in the pipeline (image 1)
- However, if you disable the Maven Integration plugin, you will encounter the error message (only if you built the job at least ONCE, else nothing happens) (image 2)
- If after disabling the Maven Integration plugin, you also disable the Static Analysis Utilities plugin, then it works again.
- the Static Analysis Utilities plugin is an OPTIONAL dependency of the Delivery Pipeline plugin
- the Maven Integration plugin is an OPTIONAL dependency of the Static Analysis Utilities plugin