Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-32253

Want an option to encode slashes in branch names differently

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      Original reporter Kaz Nishimura

      As issue #11 wrote, slashes in branch names are currently stored as %2F on the file system, but some application containers (I use GlassFish) do not like it in a URL. So I request an enhancement to add an option to encode slashes (or other special characters) differently, such as replacing with safe characters like '_' or something like that.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            noodle_rebellion Dmitriy Belyaev added a comment - - edited

            David Aldrich just tried to compile my custom version of multibranch plugin with pull request you mentioned included – looks like it does not work with the latest version of sources, I suppose as developer already switched to BRANCH API making this hotfix obsolete (see comment done by mjdetullio commented on Mar 15 to pull request on Github).

            Show
            noodle_rebellion Dmitriy Belyaev added a comment - - edited David Aldrich just tried to compile my custom version of multibranch plugin with pull request you mentioned included – looks like it does not work with the latest version of sources, I suppose as developer already switched to BRANCH API making this hotfix obsolete (see comment done by mjdetullio commented on Mar 15 to pull request on Github).
            Hide
            davida2009 David Aldrich added a comment -

            John, thanks for testing. I don't know how this issue can be moved forward. I don't have the skills to modify the plugin myself. I guess we have to wait for the developer to do it, or appeal on the mailing list for a variant of this plugin.

            Show
            davida2009 David Aldrich added a comment - John, thanks for testing. I don't know how this issue can be moved forward. I don't have the skills to modify the plugin myself. I guess we have to wait for the developer to do it, or appeal on the mailing list for a variant of this plugin.
            Hide
            noodle_rebellion Dmitriy Belyaev added a comment - - edited

            David Aldrich ok, so currently multi-branch-project-plugin uses branch-api plugin to obtain branch names. So, I tried to add the same changes in code as it is done it Pull Request you mentioned and it works fine (pull request on branch-api plugin: https://github.com/jenkinsci/branch-api-plugin/pull/44).

            It works well – jenkins and my msbuild jobs are up and running, but it looks ugly in code and just a fast workaround on existing code.

            I think, It is now a defect (or feature request) for developers of branch-api plugin, so I will change project on which this issue is registered.

            I suppose we can create feature request for developers of branch-api to add configurable option to replace symbols in branch names.

            Show
            noodle_rebellion Dmitriy Belyaev added a comment - - edited David Aldrich ok, so currently multi-branch-project-plugin uses branch-api plugin to obtain branch names. So, I tried to add the same changes in code as it is done it Pull Request you mentioned and it works fine (pull request on branch-api plugin: https://github.com/jenkinsci/branch-api-plugin/pull/44 ). It works well – jenkins and my msbuild jobs are up and running, but it looks ugly in code and just a fast workaround on existing code. I think, It is now a defect (or feature request) for developers of branch-api plugin, so I will change project on which this issue is registered. I suppose we can create feature request for developers of branch-api to add configurable option to replace symbols in branch names.
            Hide
            mjdetullio Matthew DeTullio added a comment -

            The code for the Multi-Branch Project Plugin using the Branch API has not yet been released... the encoding issue will exist in both places until that release.

            There are likely already duplicates of this issue for the Branch API or possibly Pipeline.

            Show
            mjdetullio Matthew DeTullio added a comment - The code for the Multi-Branch Project Plugin using the Branch API has not yet been released... the encoding issue will exist in both places until that release. There are likely already duplicates of this issue for the Branch API or possibly Pipeline.
            Hide
            noodle_rebellion Dmitriy Belyaev added a comment -

            Matthew DeTullio just checked – no such issue registered on branch-api plugin.

            Show
            noodle_rebellion Dmitriy Belyaev added a comment - Matthew DeTullio just checked – no such issue registered on branch-api plugin.

              People

              Assignee:
              mjdetullio Matthew DeTullio
              Reporter:
              mjdetullio Matthew DeTullio
              Votes:
              8 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              11 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: