Following on from: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-38590
When there is a step of unknown type, its json object can be rendered by the pipeline-model plugin as the Jenkinsfile form (a line of text), this can then be shown in a text box and editable (when an edit is made, it can be transformed back to the json object form by the pipeline model plugin).
- Display text box in case of unsupported step type
- Conversion of step object to text
- Displaying of editable text
- Conversion of text to object
- Works with block scoped steps as well as simple steps
Some more details, using an example:
In this case, it is the "node" step (say we don't have a form based editor for it). In that case the entire object that is the "node" step from that step listing can be converted to textual form and displayed in a box (and then back).
This is a good catch all for unsupported steps.