I've duplicated the problem with the JENKINS-42597 job and with the JENKINS-42597 branch which creates a pipeline job in my Docker image. The steps I'd missed (note, this is not the complete set of steps to duplicate the problem, just the steps that I had failed to take from the user interface after defining the job):
- Submit a change to the github repository
- Poll the github repository for changes (in my case, in response to a notifyCommit)
- Confirm the build ran to completion
- Click the link for that specific build (number 12 in my case)
- Click the Changes link, confirm the summary shows a change to build-100%-number
- Click the link to build-100%-number, and see github report 404. Clicking the diff link in at least one of my jobs correctly navigates to the diff on github
You can see the job definitions that show the problem in the JENKINS-42597 branch in my jenkins-bugs repository and in the JENKINS-42597 job in my Docker image.
Pictures captured the steps so that I'll remember them...