As a pipeline author who is creating pipelines for Gradle-based applications, I would like to be able to use Gradle tool definitions and console annotator in my pipeline scripts & declarative.
- There is a withGradle pipeline step which accepts two arguments: the tool definition name and a pipeline block wherein the given Gradle tool definition is available on the path as 'gradle'.
- Any environment variables in the tool definition will be expanded
- Any gradle executions triggered from within this pipeline block will be annotated with the Gradle ConsoleAnnotator so that user viewing the build console can easily navigate the console output.
- The ConsoleAnnotation will be automatically applied within this withGradle step and the user will have no way to disable it.
- There will be JenkinsRules which validate that a withGradle step works and that the console annotations are present in the build console of a pipeline run.
This is being considered as part of the Important Pipeline Compatibility Epic.