- A build is market as unstable. A wall of yellow
- Josh looks at logs, scratches head
- Has a scotch
- Has another
- Realises there is a test failure in the tests tab
Design and implement a summary on the main (first) pipeline screen page that makes it clear there were test failures that marked the build as unstable, which hyperlink to the tests tab*
Look at the "classic" results screen to note the information it radiates about the nature of the failure.
- fork https://github.com/multibranchorg/failure-project into your own github org
- create it via blue ocean, let run
- Note some branches are yellow
Click on them
Click on tests tab, you will see:
The widget at the top could be put below the stage graph on the failure screen, which clearly links to the tests tab.
Also look at classic screen for inspiration. use your design taste to make it clear there are test failures.
Will also want to test this somehow..
(the reason we don't go direct to the test tab is that one day the pipeline will show exactly what step/stage went unstable, even thought it does not yet).