Switching an existing PR from branch A to be against branch B doesn't force the status checks to re-run.
I've set a priority if Major as this 'loophole' allows changes to go into a branch without the proper testing.
The flow to expose the 'loophole' is:
- Open a PR against branch A
- Once all builds complete and the 'check's have passed
- Then change the PR to be against branch B
- The previous 'checks passed' state remains despite the change in branches.
- User is allowed to merge that change into branch B without running the proper test (ie. build and smoke tests)