stapler-jelly currently depends on a patched version¹ of dom4j, the original of which was released thirteen years ago. Current releases support Java 8, etc.
does not work because of an API added to HtmlWriter used by Stapler's HTMLWriterOutput.
To be done:
- Write a unit test for HTMLWriterOutput demonstrating whatever it is supposed to do.
- Replace the missing setEnabled call. Perhaps just use Proxy to make a ContentHandler that dynamically switches between XMLWriter and HTMLWriter. That obviates the need for this patch. Close this PR accordingly.
- File an upstream PR for the static keyword addition from that patch.
- Update to 2.1.1 or newer. PR should link to this.
- File an upstream PR for this minor-looking improvement.
- Determine if this patch is even useful. If so, it can be done via the official getOmitElementCloseSet + setOmitElementCloseSet API.
- Forget about this patch since
JENKINS-13709is just one of many evil consequences of using maven-plugin.
JENKINS-46616which I think is not an issue in current library releases.
danielbeck is there some epic or label for issues proposing to switch from forked to official versions of libraries in Jenkins?
¹Using a different GA, no less. Noticed here: causes mayhem for plugins depending on the database plugin.