I have converted all my jobs to use the Publisher instead of the Builder, but still cannot return to the old default behavior.
I have a minimal installation of Jenkins running in the embedded container (java -jar jenkins.war). The xUnit plugin is the latest, 2.3.4.
- Create job, add "Publish xUnit Report" as Post-build step.
- Select CTest-Version 3.x (the type of report does not seem to matter)
- Click Advanced, then uncheck the reduceLog checkbox
- Reopen the job configuration, click Advanced. The reduceLog checkbox is checked.
- Manually edit the config.xml to set reduceLog to false.
- Manage Jenkins -> Reload configuration from disk
- Go to job configuration and look at advanced Publisher settings
- reduceLog checkbox is not checked
- Click Save without making any changes
- Reopen the job configuration. The reduceLog checkbox is checked again.
It appears that the configuration is unconditionally saved as true.