Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Environment:Jenkins 2.204.3 release candidate as included in my docker-lfs image on the lts-with-plugins-rc branch
Running Java 8 shows the failure.
Running Java 11 does not show the failure.
Released As:Jenkins 2.227
Jenkins 2.204.3 release candidate build fails to open one or more folders in my test docker image when run with Java 8. It reports MethodNotFoundException for a CharBuffer rewind() method. It does not report that error when run with Java 11. Jenkins 2.220 does not report that error. Jenkins 2.204.2 does not report that error.
The manifest included in the 2.204.3 rc jenkins.war file is:
The manifest included in the 2.204.2 jenkins.war file is:
Notice the difference in Build-Jdk-Spec.
See the google groups message for the detailed analysis.
- Install git large file support on your Linux computer (or download from git-lfs.github.com)
- Iniitalize git lfs with
- Clone my docker-lfs repository
- Change to the docker-lfs directory
- Checkout the lts-with-plugins-rc branch
- Build the docker image
- Run the docker image
- Connect to the running image with a web browser
- Open each of the folders at the root of that Jenkins server. One of them will fail to an Oops screen (at least does on the 3 machines where I've tested)
Some of the folders fail to open when I click them and I receive the following stack track in an "Oops" page on one instance:
In the other test instance, the message appears in the console log and does not appear in the Jenkins Oops page. In the console log, it reports:
I don't know why there is a difference in behavior. I don't know if the issue is related to something in my local environment, the Docker image definition that I'm using, or something completely different.
The folders which fail to open are different in the two instances, but the stack traces seem to consistently be associated with CharBuffer.rewind().
Later in the stack trace, it reports: