Summary: Some help buttons when clicked jumps to the top or the bottom of the page.
Tested docker run --rm -ti -p 8080:8080 -e ID=3895 jenkins/core-pr-tester
- Folders plugin (see screenshot and screen recordings attached)
- Jenkins Health Advisor plugin (see screenshot)
In the PR test version, when you click on the help button, the navigation jumps to the top of the page, without showing the help text. This behavior does not occur in a previous version.
Other places where this occurs in the new version but not the previous one:
Manage Jenkins > Configure Global Security
- Authorization -> Logged in user can do anything -> Allow anonymous read access -> Help button
- CSRF Protection -> Enable proxy compatibility -> Help button
- API Token -> Help buttons (3x)
Freestyle job configuration
- Build Triggers -> Poll SCM -> Ignore post-commit hooks -> Help button
- Post Build Actions -> Archive the artifacts -> Do not fail build if archiving returns nothing, Use default excludes, Treat include and exclude patterns as case sensitive, Follow symbolic links -> Help buttons (4x)
- Post Build Actions -> Publish Javadoc -> Retain Javadoc for each successful build -> Help button
A similar "jumpy" behavior was observed with the Bitbucket Branch Source plugin in both the previous and the PR test version. When you select the checkbox, it jumps to the bottom of the page. This does not happen when you unselect the checkbox (see screen recording bitbucket.mov.zip).
- Folders plugin - Health metrics in Configure System
- Health Advisor Plugin