I use text finder to scan the console logs of freestyle jobs that are part of my Jenkins test environment . The changes in text-finder 1.13 seem to have caused all searches for console text to mark the job as having succeeded, even if the text being searched is not in the console log.
Steps to duplicate the problem:
- Define a new freestyle job (I named mine
- Add a build step "Execute shell" with the command "date;echo Hello
- Add a post-build action "Text finder" that succeeds if found and additionally searches console output for
- Run the job and confirm with text-finder 1.12 and 1.13 that the job succeeds
- Change the searched text to
- Run the job and confirm with text-finder 1.12 that the job fails as expected
- Run the job and confirm with text-finder 1.13 that the job succeeds unexpectedly
It also appears that there are more states available for the text-finder 1.12 plugin than are available in text-finder 1.13.
The text-finder 1.12 plugin states seem to generate the following job status results (with question marks at places where I haven't yet gathered the data):
|Succeed if found||Unstable if found||Not Built if found||Text in console log||Text not in console log|