I am using Jenkins version 2.235.2 on Windows server 2019. I was using the email-ext-plugin version 2.68 and was using it to send emails. I upgraded to version 2.73 and now I cant change the SMTP port number to something else besides 25. Hence, emails are not being sent out anymore. Steps to reproduce:
- Click on Manage Jenkins -> Configuration
- Under the header “Extended E-mail Notification”, Change the value of SMTP Port to 465
- Save your changes and exit
- Click on Manage Jenkins -> configuration
- Under the header “Extended E-mail Notification”, the value of SMTP Port is still showing 25
I was trying to set this number to 465 since I am using Gmail.
In addition to that, email-ext-plugin version 2.73 is now showing the SMTP Password in plain text. It used to be all *** previously. I am not sure if this is a major issue, but might be a security risk. I have attached screen shots