- Maven aggregator build.
- Incremental build turned on.
- Triggered by SVN
- Some post build step.
- Run Only If Build Succeeded selected.
1. Change some file in the SVN project unrelated to maven (say a README.txt).
1. Hudson will checkout the changes and run maven.
2. Maven will report no changes:
3. The build is successful according to maven
4. The post build steps are not run.
5. Hudson reports the build as successful.
The post build steps are run as the build was successful (according to Maven output and Hudson).
Is there a use case for not running the post build steps when maven does not run any goals?
In this case, "Run Only If Build Succeeded" could be split into two options based on whether Maven runs goals.