Bitbucket Plugin - Triggers the Jenkins pipeline even when the repo is not configured with webhook. This happening only when we are using two or more different repos in the pipeline.
We have two Bitbucket repos A and B one for hosting Codes and another one for hosting Build and Deployment scripts. (Devops related)
- Jenkins Pipeline - Configured to use Jenkinsfile from SCM in our case Repo A and Branch develop
- Jenkinsfile in turn will clone the Repo B for build and deployments scripts while pipeline is running using checkout step
- Repo A is configured with Webhook and Repo B is not configured with Webhook.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Commit something in the develop branch of Repo A and its trigger the pipeline as expected. No issue.
- Commit Something in the Repo B. No triggers since it was not configured with Webhook and its expected no issue.
- Now Commit something in the different branch of Repo A and its trigger the pipeline since there is change in the Repo B. I verified this in the Bitbucket Webhook log.
What we are expecting:
Whenever there is a change in develop branch of Repo A it can trigger the pipeline. But it should not trigger the pipeline for other Branches for Repo A or other Repos itself.