- add a message "Polling ignores commits with certain messages"
- commit with this message - polling doesn't ignore the message
- Reason: the commit message string contains a final line break (commits I created locally, commits that are created on Jenkins host with CentOS)
- Analysis: I added some lines with listener.getLogger().println("[ABC] ...") to src/main/java/hudson/plugins/git/extensions/impl/MessageExclusion.java
- Polling Log showed me that the message contains a line break that doesn't match with pattern - empty line in polling log:
- Fix: I changed the following line in src/main/java/hudson/plugins/git/extensions/impl/MessageExclusion.java:
As I'm not a software developer, I'm not sure about side effects when adding Pattern.DOTALL to the code line I mentioned - but it works for me with simple patterns like .[maven-release-plugin].