Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-65285

iOS Symbol file is not uploaded properly in app-center

    XMLWordPrintable

Details

    • Bug
    • Status: Open (View Workflow)
    • Major
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • appcenter-plugin
    • None
    • Plugin: 0.11.1
      Jenkins: 0.263.1

    Description

      Hi, We are trying to upload iOS symbol file in appcenter.

      Below is the freestyle configuration we are using (also tried corresponding declarative pipeline but results are same)

       

      Job is able to match the dSYM.zip file pattern, but once the upload is done it is actually apploading ipa file in Symbols page as well (instead of uploading dSYM file). 

       

       

       

      Kindly help.

      Attachments

        Activity

          robmchardy Rob added a comment - - edited

          We're seeing the same behaviour re. symbol uploads - the application .ipa file is correctly uploaded, but the uploaded symbols are the same as the app (not the debug symbols file).

           

          Jenkins version: 2.263.3

          AppCenter plugin version: 0.11.1

           

           

           

          • The first three uploaded automatically symbols files are the application .ipa file - same file size, and downloaded to check contents.
          • The '.dSYM.zip' file (fourth on the list) was uploaded manually to check - correct content.
          • The fifth through seventh files were uploaded automatically (before the AppCenter December 2020 updates/deprecations forced appcenter plugin update) - and contain the expected dSYM content.

          Please let me know if I can help test any fix for this issue.

          robmchardy Rob added a comment - - edited We're seeing the same behaviour re. symbol uploads - the application .ipa file is correctly uploaded, but the uploaded symbols are the same as the app (not the debug symbols file).   Jenkins version: 2.263.3 AppCenter plugin version: 0.11.1       The first three uploaded automatically symbols files are the application .ipa file - same file size, and downloaded to check contents. The '.dSYM.zip' file (fourth on the list) was uploaded manually to check - correct content. The fifth through seventh files were uploaded automatically (before the AppCenter December 2020 updates/deprecations forced appcenter plugin update) - and contain the expected dSYM content. Please let me know if I can help test any fix for this issue.
          mezpahlan Mez Pahlan added a comment -

          Hi both. Big apologies for not replying sooner.

          I'm struggling with this to be honest. I'm very happy to look at a PR if anyone would like to help? Even if it doesn't have all the tests I might be able to pick up a partial PR.

          I also don't have a sample iOS app or debug symbols file to test with .

          mezpahlan Mez Pahlan added a comment - Hi both. Big apologies for not replying sooner. I'm struggling with this to be honest. I'm very happy to look at a PR if anyone would like to help? Even if it doesn't have all the tests I might be able to pick up a partial PR. I also don't have a sample iOS app or debug symbols file to test with .
          mezpahlan Mez Pahlan added a comment -

          Apologies due to personal reasons I am stepping away from the project so can no longer be assigned to this.

          mezpahlan Mez Pahlan added a comment - Apologies due to personal reasons I am stepping away from the project so can no longer be assigned to this.
          tinnes Thomas Innes added a comment -

          I'm getting the same issue here. I think it might be down to this this bit of code:

          Looks like the path to the app is being passed in and used rather than the path to the debug symbols? I'm not a Java dev though, so not really sure how to go about setting up a dev environment to play around with it.

          tinnes Thomas Innes added a comment - I'm getting the same issue here. I think it might be down to this this bit of code: Looks like the path to the app is being passed in and used rather than the path to the debug symbols? I'm not a Java dev though, so not really sure how to go about setting up a dev environment to play around with it.
          tinnes Thomas Innes added a comment -

          If anyone else if having this issue, these are the changes I made to fix it:

           

           

           

          If I get a chance I'll look into how to get these into a PR.

          tinnes Thomas Innes added a comment - If anyone else if having this issue, these are the changes I made to fix it:       If I get a chance I'll look into how to get these into a PR.
          clindberg Carl Lindberg added a comment -

          tinnes Thanks for the debugging... I made a PR mostly based on your changes, while adding unit test fixes.

          https://github.com/jenkinsci/appcenter-plugin/pull/63

           

           

          clindberg Carl Lindberg added a comment - tinnes  Thanks for the debugging... I made a PR mostly based on your changes, while adding unit test fixes. https://github.com/jenkinsci/appcenter-plugin/pull/63    

          People

            Unassigned Unassigned
            ashisharma888 Ashish Sharma
            Votes:
            1 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            5 Start watching this issue

            Dates

              Created:
              Updated: