Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-8676

Windows XP slave stopped working in 1.396 (related to name change)

    XMLWordPrintable

Details

    • Bug
    • Status: Resolved (View Workflow)
    • Blocker
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • remoting
    • None

    Description

      See https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/h3K8KbLvwKQ/discussion for discussion

      It appears that some code hasn't been properly in ManagedWindowsServiceLauncher.java

      Attachments

        Activity

          axelheider Axel Heider added a comment - - edited

          You build appears to work fine. The Windows slave is back online again and busily building.
          Thanks very much.

          axelheider Axel Heider added a comment - - edited You build appears to work fine. The Windows slave is back online again and busily building. Thanks very much.

          I works for windows XP for me also. So I guess this issue can be marked as resolved.

          I still have some problems with WIndows 7 64-bit with some access denied, but that is another issue (4929 I think).
          I though it was solved in release 1.387 "* Install as a service" now supports Vista and Windows 7. " but apparently not for 64-bit.

          pablaasmo Per Arnold Blaasmo added a comment - I works for windows XP for me also. So I guess this issue can be marked as resolved. I still have some problems with WIndows 7 64-bit with some access denied, but that is another issue (4929 I think). I though it was solved in release 1.387 "* Install as a service" now supports Vista and Windows 7. " but apparently not for 64-bit.
          lacostej lacostej added a comment -

          OK let me cleanup the patch and I will submit it. Thanks for your help

          lacostej lacostej added a comment - OK let me cleanup the patch and I will submit it. Thanks for your help

          Code changed in jenkins
          User: Jerome Lacoste
          Path:
          core/src/main/java/hudson/os/windows/ManagedWindowsServiceLauncher.java
          http://jenkins-ci.org/commit/core/f40b4ffbc8e33e2624bcee9e5ced5c10f25d5426
          Log:
          JENKINS-8676 Windows XP slave stopped working in 1.396 (related to name change)

          After thinking about it, I don't want to deal with hudsonslave here. jenkinsslave should be found anyway, so that code path should not have been triggered.
          And cleaning up residual services isn't jenkins job. Otherwise both can't coexist.

          scm_issue_link SCM/JIRA link daemon added a comment - Code changed in jenkins User: Jerome Lacoste Path: core/src/main/java/hudson/os/windows/ManagedWindowsServiceLauncher.java http://jenkins-ci.org/commit/core/f40b4ffbc8e33e2624bcee9e5ced5c10f25d5426 Log: JENKINS-8676 Windows XP slave stopped working in 1.396 (related to name change) After thinking about it, I don't want to deal with hudsonslave here. jenkinsslave should be found anyway, so that code path should not have been triggered. And cleaning up residual services isn't jenkins job. Otherwise both can't coexist.

          Code changed in jenkins
          User: Jerome Lacoste
          Path:
          core/src/main/java/hudson/os/windows/ManagedWindowsServiceLauncher.java
          http://jenkins-ci.org/commit/core/2332b114a38b6e62a8f28b40d4374b9e1d353de5
          Log:
          JENKINS-8676 Windows XP slave stopped working in 1.396 (related to name change)

          The ManagedWindowsServiceLauncher refers to hudson.exe and hudson-slave.exe while we renamed the artifact to jenkins.exe.

          Tentative fix, completely untested (no windows box around).
          Not sure about the service name (jenkinsslave). I added a second check for backward compatibility but I have no idea if it's useful.

          scm_issue_link SCM/JIRA link daemon added a comment - Code changed in jenkins User: Jerome Lacoste Path: core/src/main/java/hudson/os/windows/ManagedWindowsServiceLauncher.java http://jenkins-ci.org/commit/core/2332b114a38b6e62a8f28b40d4374b9e1d353de5 Log: JENKINS-8676 Windows XP slave stopped working in 1.396 (related to name change) The ManagedWindowsServiceLauncher refers to hudson.exe and hudson-slave.exe while we renamed the artifact to jenkins.exe. Tentative fix, completely untested (no windows box around). Not sure about the service name (jenkinsslave). I added a second check for backward compatibility but I have no idea if it's useful.

          People

            Unassigned Unassigned
            lacostej lacostej
            Votes:
            2 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: