I'm using a parameterized build with
- List Subversion tags (and more)
- Name SVN_TAG
- Repository URL: https://svn.server.domain/a/
- Default value: trunk
- Source Code Management
- Repository URL
Usually jenkins polls scm (subversion) for changes.
If poll detects a change on trunk, then jenkins will update it's working copy from subversion repository trunk and executes a build - fine.
When I choose
- Build Now
- SVN_TAG: 1.1
Jenkins checks out https://svn.server.domain/a/tags/1.1 and executes a build - still fine.
Subsequent scm polls of jenkins are directed to this tag, which is usually not changed.
Jenkins does not poll for changes of trunk, until a user requests a manual build of trunk.
This ist not desired in our environment.
Proposed behaviour of jenkins:
- after user has executed a manual build of tag 1.1 (in general: with setting some parameters for the parameterized build)
- jenkins resets these parameters to the default values
- subsequent scm polls use default values for all parameters, expecially SVN_TAG in the use case described above.