Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-24138

Archived file names can change when moved from slave to master

    XMLWordPrintable

Details

    • Bug
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Major
    • core
    • Tested on Ubuntu and RHEL6. Currently using Jenkins 1.553 but the issue would be present in all current versions. The server runs in WebSphere Liberty Profile 8.5.5.1 and 8.5.5.2 and Java is an IBM JDK 1.6.0

    Description

      I have a Jenkins set up that uses slaves and archives files after a build. What I've found is that if there is a file that uses multi-byte characters in the name (like 日本語ファイル) then the name gets altered when uploaded to the Jenkins master. Using the master node does not have the issue, so I did some research and found that the problem actually lies in the version of Ant that is being used (1.8.3) and how it reads file names and converts the multi-byte characters down to one byte. It looks like the issue was fixed in Apache Ant 1.9.0

      Attachments

        1. JapaneseName.png
          JapaneseName.png
          5 kB
        2. JapaneseNameBroken.png
          JapaneseNameBroken.png
          12 kB
        3. Output.png
          Output.png
          16 kB

        Issue Links

          Activity

            People

              Unassigned Unassigned
              serneum Chris Rees
              Votes:
              3 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              5 Start watching this issue

              Dates

                Created:
                Updated: