Following is a short summary of this contribution:
A new LDAP plugin Selenium test is added (plugins/no_docker/ LdapPluginNoDockerTest.java):
• Unlike the existing Selenium test which requires Dock act as a LDAP container, this one runs with real corporate LDAP server.
• Necessary information required for running test (server config info, user info) can be set through command line (details is explained in Javadoc).
• A new LdapEnv class is introduced to process environment variables passed from terminal.
ActiveDirectryTest is refactored since the new LDAP test shares same user story.
• A new method “authorizeUserAsAdmin” is extracted after refactoring. It is put in “/org/jenkinsci/test/acceptance/plugins/matrix_auth/ProjectBasedMatrixAuthorizationStrategy.java”.
• This methods simply authorizes given user as admin. It is extracted as this process is common to multiple test cases and classes.
• It will be cool if in the future we have methods similar to “authorizeUserAsAdmin” but in a higher abstract level (e.g. a method that authorize/ de-authorize user(s) one or multiple roles)