Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-35849

Developer sees ETAs on hover states for all indicator types

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Similar Issues:
    • Sprint:
      iapetus

      Description

      In Scope

      • Hovering over each node shows the following tooltip
        • Running – text: "Running for 2 minutes 32 seconds, finishes in 3 minutes 12 seconds"
        • Successful – text: "Passed in 2 minutes and 23 seconds"
        • Unstable – text: "Passed in 2 minutes and 23 seconds but marked as unstable."
        • Failed – text: "Failed in 2 minutes and 23 seconds"
        • Not built – text: "Estimated to start in 2 minutes 32 seconds"
        • Unknown – text: "Unknown"
      • All text must be i18n'able

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            jamesdumay James Dumay added a comment -

            This ticket has been redefined in JENKINS-40929. Please watch this ticket instead.

            Show
            jamesdumay James Dumay added a comment - This ticket has been redefined in JENKINS-40929 . Please watch this ticket instead.
            Hide
            svanoort Sam Van Oort added a comment -

            [~mneale] Yes, a failure on a branch indicates a failure for the stage... this is also true for successes across all branches. The other states are less well-defined though (we should consider providing some sort of "fuzzy" option where there are different values).

            For now, I'd be happy seeing something that covers the 90% of cases but isn't going to fall over totally with the other 10%, but I want to make sure they're noted so they don't come up as a surprise.

            Show
            svanoort Sam Van Oort added a comment - [~mneale] Yes, a failure on a branch indicates a failure for the stage... this is also true for successes across all branches. The other states are less well-defined though (we should consider providing some sort of "fuzzy" option where there are different values). For now, I'd be happy seeing something that covers the 90% of cases but isn't going to fall over totally with the other 10%, but I want to make sure they're noted so they don't come up as a surprise.
            Hide
            michaelneale Michael Neale added a comment -

            Sam Van Oort there are probably a few tickets some of those things are covered.

            In the case of caught errors that result in overall success - I think that is ok. It may look odd and we may need to tweak how it behaves though.

            For parallel: if a branch fails then the "enclosing" stage should probably be shown as a failure.

            I think there will be many more little tickets to flush out these edge cases vs all at once.

            Show
            michaelneale Michael Neale added a comment - Sam Van Oort there are probably a few tickets some of those things are covered. In the case of caught errors that result in overall success - I think that is ok. It may look odd and we may need to tweak how it behaves though. For parallel: if a branch fails then the "enclosing" stage should probably be shown as a failure. I think there will be many more little tickets to flush out these edge cases vs all at once.
            Hide
            svanoort Sam Van Oort added a comment -

            James Dumay Ah, good point, thanks – I'll add there too (both ends need to be aware of this since it touches upon the data model used for communications here)

            Show
            svanoort Sam Van Oort added a comment - James Dumay Ah, good point, thanks – I'll add there too (both ends need to be aware of this since it touches upon the data model used for communications here)
            Hide
            jamesdumay James Dumay added a comment - - edited

            Sam Van Oort you might want to add this comment to the backend ticket - UX-448.

            Usually we have two tickets (frontend and backend) so its clear who is doing what and keep the communication lines clear between the team members.

            Show
            jamesdumay James Dumay added a comment - - edited Sam Van Oort you might want to add this comment to the backend ticket - UX-448 . Usually we have two tickets (frontend and backend) so its clear who is doing what and keep the communication lines clear between the team members.

              People

              Assignee:
              tscherler Thorsten Scherler
              Reporter:
              jamesdumay James Dumay
              Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              4 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: