Status: Resolved (View Workflow)
Resolution: Not A Defect
Sometimes a Pipeline can be blocked waiting for agent resources on the Jenkins server.
There are two cases when this will happen that we need to be aware of:
- Freestyle jobs - we only show the full log and agent resources are only ever blocked before the run starts. Currently we just show a generic message when this occurs.
- Pipeline jobs - any step in the agent may block waiting for agent resources at any time.
- "Waiting for next available executor"
- "Waiting for next available executor on $NODE_NAME"
- "There are no nodes with the label $LABEL"
- "$NODE_NAME is offline"
- Should we we had a special rendering of the step that shows that the Pipeline is blocked from executing?
- At the moment "blocked waiting on resources* is just given the running state. Could it be useful if the developer saw a different status for this?
- Come up with a design(s) for both the Freestyle and Pipeline cases outlined above.
- Answer the questions above and lay out any design changes we will need
- is blocking
JENKINS-40466 Developer wants to see a message when Jenkins is busy eg: execution is blocked waiting for a node
Defer work on this until we get an idea from vivek