In the installation/initial configuration phase, after selecting a minimum set of plugins, and completing, a page with the title 'Create First Admin user' is shown with a number of fields.
It is apparently required to fill all fields (also if they do not seems to make sense - or be required).
The problems are:
1) There is no handling of missing values in 'mandatory' fields
- I first just filled out 'UserName', 'Password' and 'Confirm Password' fields, after pressing the one and only button to proceed, it changed to grayed out and nothing more happened.
- No error were shown in the browser (the button changed to greyed - and that was all)
2) There is no indication of fields being mandatory.
- if fields are mandatory they should be marked (with a * or something)
3) Not all fields need to be mandatory
- the requirement for an email address seems a bit surplus (especially if there isn't any access to a mailer)
- also I would consider a full-name nice to have, but not mandatory
I see the first issue as one that really SHOULD be solved, as any new user of Jenkins it is really annoying not knowing what goes on (I could not find anything indicating the error in /var/log/jenkins/jenkins.log), when it actually should be quite easy to respond with 'Missing values for mandatory parameters ....' or similar.