In https://github.com/jenkinsci/docker/pull/690/commits/ffe36e0f9d6d94b1c10e2fc71751e5fbba0a26f4 and https://github.com/jenkinsci/docker/pull/690 only base images have been adjusted to Java 10 and 11 (in java10 and java11 branches). We need to upstream these changes and integrate into the common weekly release flow.
It would be also great to update Alpine and Slim images as well so that they can be shipped within the common release flow (if possible & feasible).
Attack plan 1: additional Dockerfile in the repo
- Take https://github.com/jenkinsci/docker/blob/java11/Dockerfile and put it to master (Dockerfile-jdk11)
- Update scripts to also build and publish Java 11
- Risk: The build runs on Trusted CI, may need help from olblak . May have issues with debugging
- Possible resolution: parameterize scripts and deploy to jenkins4eval (for local debugging). oleg_nenashev can help with permissions
Attack plan 2: via multi-platform
- Get https://github.com/jenkinsci/docker/pull/719 integrated
- Upstream Java 11 support patches from https://github.com/jenkinsci/remoting/pull/292 to the master scripts
- Enable the new build mode on trusted-ci which can deploy images