Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-53349

Parameterized Classes are not displayed properly when published with nunit-plugin

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Open (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Jenkins 2.140 (on Debian Stretch)
      org.jenkins-ci.plugins:nunit:0.23
      org.jenkins-ci.plugins:test-results-analyzer:0.3.5
    • Similar Issues:

      Description

      A parameterized test, will be shown wrong in Test Result Analyzer.

      The attached "Class1.cs" should show 3 different TestClasses inside TestResultAnalyzer:

      1. TestClass("a")
      2. TestClass("b")
      3. TestClass("c")

      Instead only TestClass is shown. It is unclear in which results are presented here inside.

      Adding the parameters to the classname attribute in TestResult.xml yields the same results.

      Find attached:

      1. Class1.cs: TestClass
      2. TestResult.original.xml: Result file for parameterized class
      3. TestResult.patched1.xml: 1st try to patch TestResult.xml (not successful)
      4. visualstudio-testexplorer.PNG: Tests shown in VisualStudio
      5. test-result-analyzer.PNG: Tests shown in Jenkins
      6. nunit-console.PNG: output from console runner

        Attachments

        1. Class1.cs
          0.6 kB
        2. nunit-console.PNG
          nunit-console.PNG
          10 kB
        3. TestResult.original.xml
          8 kB
        4. TestResult.patched1.xml
          8 kB
        5. TestResult.patched2.xml
          8 kB
        6. test-result-analyzer_patched2.PNG
          test-result-analyzer_patched2.PNG
          38 kB
        7. test-result-analyzer.PNG
          test-result-analyzer.PNG
          16 kB
        8. visualstudio-testexplorer.PNG
          visualstudio-testexplorer.PNG
          8 kB

          Activity

          Hide
          pl31 Patrick Buech added a comment -

          I attched a patched TestResults.patched2.xml where I changed the classname of the "test-case". This yields the results as expected. See "test-result-analyzer_patched2.PNG".

           

          TestResult.patched2.xml

          Show
          pl31 Patrick Buech added a comment - I attched a patched TestResults.patched2.xml where I changed the classname of the "test-case". This yields the results as expected. See "test-result-analyzer_patched2.PNG".   TestResult.patched2.xml

            People

            Assignee:
            Unassigned Unassigned
            Reporter:
            pl31 Patrick Buech
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated: