Uploaded image for project: 'Jenkins'
  1. Jenkins
  2. JENKINS-55166

Translations file Messages_de.properties has incorrect encoding

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Similar Issues:
    • Released As:
      3.0.5

      Description

      The translations file Messages_de.properties appears to be in UTF-8 encoding instead of the expected ISO-8859-1 encoding.

      This causes the translated strings to contain garbled chars instead of German umlauts. (See attached screenshot for an example.)

      I created a patched file by converting it to ISO-8859-1. This file is attached to this issue.

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          centic centic added a comment -

          I took a different approach and replaced all non-ASCII characters in the property files for German and Spanish to make the encoding of the file irrelevant and avoid issues with different IDEs/Systems altogether.

          Show
          centic centic added a comment - I took a different approach and replaced all non-ASCII characters in the property files for German and Spanish to make the encoding of the file irrelevant and avoid issues with different IDEs/Systems altogether.

            People

            Assignee:
            ognjenb Ognjen Bubalo
            Reporter:
            svollmer Stephan Vollmer
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: